Saturday, December 4, 2010

ottomans

Still dreaming of a new living room.  I posted this a while back and since then I've become obsessed with making my living room more kid friendly.  My mom also made a good point that {after I have the baby} when I get home from work, the last thing I'm going to want to do is turn around and go to the gym, sooooooooo, my carpeted play area will also need to double as a place for me to do some light workouts on the days I work.

I've organized my wish list and first is a rug.  I want something plush for baby and possibly printed {to hide stains}.  Next, I'm sad to say that our beautiful coffee table that my hubs did such a wonderful job on..........has to go, and in it's place will be one or two smaller softer more movable ottoman(s).  Then, if the starts somehow align....I'll get my Crate and Barrel Lounge sectional {we're talking like 2012 here}. 

I'm looking for ottoman shapes to possibly get one custom made as well as furniture arrangement options....

dens/libraries/offices - Georgetown pink tufted ottoman black caster legs black round mirror pink walls paint color  Branca Designs  pink walls
This color won't quite work for me, but I love the shape and anything with nailhead trim and casters.  What if I replaced my TV {and by replace, I mean move to another wall} with a faux fireplace mantle?  hmmmm....

living rooms - sofa Greek key art ottoman flokati rug  Ferguson Copeland sutton place sofa.    Greek key chair.  Lovely colors.  Beautiful Drama
Who cares about the ottoman in this picture; I want this space!!!  I feel a DIY black and white large painting project in my future.

zebra skin ottoman pair
I'm loving the small mobility of these and we all know I could use a little pattern {you know I love me some zebra}.  These would look good with my existing stuff too...which will be staying for a while, I'm sure.  These are just randomly from google image though; not sure where you would purchase.

Courbe Storage Ottoman
This ottoman from Ballard Design is a good option, but still too pricey :( 

I've gotta get going...lots to do today.  We're having 25+ people over to the crib tomorrow!  More to follow later.

Happy Weekend,
-jd

No comments:

Post a Comment