Saturday, November 27, 2010

Dreaming of a living room...

Drew is watching football tonight which leaves me left to......clean the house?  NOT.  Sit on the sofa and dream of how I would redo my living room if I had the cash and energy.  I currently have two "apartment sized" sofas, a huge ass coffee table and a newly recovered wing back chair.  It's not bad, but now that we have a babe on the way, it got me wanting something more comfortable. 


Here it is.  My issues are 1. The wall with the most potential for art is wasted by our huge TV that is begging to be wall mounted, 2. I love my sofas, I really do, but I miss the days of my sectional where Drew, me and Oz could all pile on the sofa comfortably and face the TV, and 3. lastly, the coffee table has been a huge hit; it looks great, but when the babe comes, where will we play?  We need floor space with a rug and that coffee table just won't allow it.  Not to mention the sharp corners...


I do think my wing back will be staying, but that wall is where I want to move the TV, mounted on the full height portion with the console centered beneath. 

This is the crate and barrel sectional I've been dreaming about since before we moved in.  It may not be the best looking option, but let me tell you, sitting on this sectional is like sitting in heaven.   The only way I can make it fit is to put it against the wall that now has the TV.  I have the color options narrowed down to three {this week} and if my computer wasn't such a piece, I could show you....but it is, so I can't :)  I think I'm leaning towards Pewter, Ale {pictured above} or Walnut. 

So, the TV would move to the half wall on the right hand side.  I want some sort of cozy rug to play with the babe on....possibly something patterned like the transitional ones at Horchow.

Then I would need a small ottoman that could be easily moved around for playtime, yoga, etc...

Probably a Pottery Barn lamp...

Chelsea Sectional Lamp, Antique Nickel finish

Some art, curtains, a ceiling fan and my dream living room makeover would be done!!!

I suppose it's time to come back to reality and just focus on getting curtains and a ceiling fan to work with what I got...

-jd


No comments:

Post a Comment