Sunday, November 28, 2010

Christmas Decor Sneak Peak!

I've been trying my best to decorate a little this season even with my limited budget.  I decided I would only buy things I love....which true to history, has been pretty pricey.  I am holding off on a tree this year because I want to DO IT UP on my first Christmas tree. 

I just finished the wreath for my front door and was dying to share.  I still might add a few twinkle lights, but it will pretty much look the same in the day regardless.

TaDa!  Whatya think?




Here's a close up.  I started with a grapevine wreath- pulled it apart a little so it looked a little messier than it originally came.  Took two different types of moss and shoved it in the nooks and crannies.  Used feathers and these sparkle leaf thingies that were on sale at Joannes and shoved them in between the grapevine.  Last, I took ornaments I got from Wal-Mart and tied them in a few spots to add some glimmer.  I had these tiny feathers left over from wedding decor that I shoved in the remaining nooks after it was all done.  I bought a set of battery operated twinkle lights that I might add tonight depending on my energy level {hee hee}.

 Here's a close up of the other side.  I know I could have went out and got a wreath for alot less than what I spent {about $60}, but I love DIY and I think this has so much more personality than the store bought wreaths.  It's a good scale and I can deconstruct it and keep adding/changing it throughout the year.  Once I pluck out those ornaments and sparkly leaves, I'll have a pretty cute fall wreath. 


Do you guys have any DIY Christmas decor ideas you can share?  I am working on a few table settings {pics soon to follow}. 

Happy Holidays and Happy Decorating!

-jd








1 comment: