Friday, December 31, 2010

A look back...

With tomorrow being the 1st day of the new year Two Thousand and Eleven, I wanted to take a look back on the past year because what a year it has been.  In '09, I was living in this 1 bedroom, 800 square foot apartment with my "boyfriend", Drew.  We were happy, but had big dreams that were about to come true.

 On June 10th 2009, my boyfriend--best friend--love of my life proposed to me in the top level of the parking garage at work.  I said "hell yea" and was off to plan a wedding.
We decided to look for a home of our own.  We were able to save a little bit of money from living in our little apartment for over two years and felt the time was right.  After almost a year of searching, we finally signed a contract to built our very first home!

Which brings me to
2010!
We rung in the new year with construction on our lot!  We visited our lot weekly to check out the house progress.

Trying to plan a wedding and built a house all at the same time was a wee bit stressful, but I did it and we had a great time!


My grandmother held a wonderful couples bridal shower for us.


Mother's Day was awesome this year with both of our families together.  I sure am a lucky girl with the best in-laws.


Christy hosted our rehearsal dinner and so many of our friends and family were there.  Perfect!


On April 3rd, we got hitched!

Some other highlights of this year include:
- My baby sister graduating  high school and leaving for college {on a scholarship!}
-Drew and I both turned 28 years old
-I got a new car {RIP silver bullet}
-Last, but not least...

We conceived a child! 

Whew, what a year.  I am so thankful for everything and everyone in my life.  I am looking forward to a bigger and better 2011.  You've got some stiff competition New Year!

Go out and Celebrate tonight!
-jd

No comments:

Post a Comment