Tuesday, December 21, 2010

T W E N T Y N I N E...the road that will lead me to 30

I think it's no secret that I would ultimately love to work for me, myself and I. [who wouldn't want to work for me, right?]  It's a long time goal and I will get there.  I have been this close in the past but have never taken the leap to make it happen.  There are two main problems in obtaining this goal. 
 
problem  #1  In the 'real world' aparently you need money to servive!  It is VERY hard to give up a steady income when you have to pay for daycare, cars, food, shelter and clothing!  (a little disclaimer...I am NOT a stay at home mom, so cutting out the whole daycare expense is not an option)

problem #2 There is a very fine line you walk when having a 'side' biz and working a full time job.  I know this first hand.  There is only 24 hours in a day and I do still have to work 40 hours a week to maintain my job.  When you add the time for the full timer, a kid, a hubby and two dogs, that leaves like .24 minutes in the day for the side biz. 

So the big question is, how do you know when you are ready to leave one for the other?!?!  I have decided this year I will answer that question and I will figure it out!  Hopefully you will join me and let me know your ideas and thoughts on all the questions I encounter on my hunt for my professional FREEDOM!
 -fd

The secret of happiness is freedom. The secret to freedom is courage.
-Thucydides

No comments:

Post a Comment