Saturday, December 11, 2010

nurseries


I vowed not to buy any more {besides a couple of things I just had to get} girl stuff for the nursery until we find out the sex, which by the way is now scheduled for January 5th!!!  I was at an estate sale and passed a mirror that would fit perfectly on a 42" wide wall in the nursery.  It was definitely feminine, so I kept a walkin'.  It was $10, so you know it was hard to pass up.  As I was looking at these little flowery plaque things for $2/ea deciding that I should certainly put them down until after the 5th, the lady that worked at the sale let me know that everything was 50% off.  So, the mirror and flower plaques were paid for and loaded up = $7.  Pics to come soon...

Anyways, I'm totally obsessed with nursery and baby stuff and it is torture trying to "just look".  A little light internet surfing for color inspiration and I found these...wanted to share:

nurseries - Jonathan Adler Giraffe Lamp yellow nailhead trim headboard white bedding yellow gray border white blue zebra pillow white nightstand white modern crib cloth white yellow zebra storage bins brown rug abstract art
I have been going back and forth on putting a twin bed in the nursery, but I decided against it :(  I do love the basket storage under the crib.

2009-09-rhoney.jpg
Is the the cutest bed skirt or whaaaaa?!?  I think they need another accent color besides yellow, but I love some elements of this room.  I really like doing something with the ceiling cause that's what the poor kid will be looking at a majority of the time.  Love the antique dresser as a changing table and that looks to be framed book pages which is def of my "things to get" list.

I wonder if Drew would be up for converting the closet into a little changing area like this complete with wall covering, art and lighting???  O.M.G.!  I LOVE IT.

I'm going to go draw up the closet plans now ;)

-jd


No comments:

Post a Comment