Monday, December 6, 2010

Holiday Decor

The dinner party was a success!  I finished cleaning and decorating literally 2 seconds before people arrived...which left me answering the door in my PJ's, but I was changed and out mingling in no time.  

My friend Rebecca Dodson met us here and took some family pictures in the field behind our house and I can't wait to see them!  It was windy and cold, but hopefully we got a few cute ones for my wall o' photos that will be coming soon. 

In addition to my front door wreath, I also decorated my tables for the holidays.  This is what I came up with: {as always, please forgive my crappy camera}

Breakfast room table: I got that round candle or cake holder? from Kohl's on sale like two years ago...this is the first time I've used it.  I didn't have any big candles, but I still had a ton of the little ones from the wedding.  An ornament, sticks of cinnamon, and fresh Christmas tree branches and no one will know the difference.  I added twine and a moss ball that I had lying around, some sparkly starfish from Homegoods and these little paper doilies I got from Publix. 


From a distance...




Bar:  I added this last minute cause it seemed a little bare.  I had a cardboard box that some ornaments came in.  I put those fresh branches in there and threw some ornaments in.  I got all of my branches for FREE, by the way.  It's a frugal and fragrant touch.  I've found that if you just ask the tree farms if they have any branches lying around, they'll happily load them up for you. 

Dining Room: Table scape made mostly with more free branches.  I added a few festive touches to the buffet including a "necklace" for my lamp, a star tree topper and those sparkly leaf things I got on sale at Joanne's. 


I feel like this all looks so much better in person.  HAHA, but at least you get the drift.



These little birdies were my favorite thing.


Buffet


This pic was taken in the dark with my ghetto camera's flash, so it doesn't do it justice....

Here she is in action.  I threw some Christmas lights on the pergola {it's not quite done being painted} and we had the fire pit going.  It is getting chilly here in the big F. L.

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

-jd


No comments:

Post a Comment