Wednesday, February 16, 2011

T O T A L L Y O B S E S S E D : Moulding

I have been toying with the idea of trying to bust out some 'faux' paneling on the many columns in my house as well as the blank wall in the living room that will hopefully soon house the TV. 

entrances/foyers - zebra traditional contemporary sophisticated art picture  Jessica LaGrange designed interior. Photo by Tony Soluri. Georgeous

As a homeowner of a new home, I lack architectural interest.  I love my house, but it has minimal details, no fireplace, no moulding details, etc.  We installed crown moulding in the entire house a couple of weeks ago {pics soon to come} and it made SUCH a big difference especially for the money we spent by buying MDF moulding.  It made me wanting to add more and more. 

entrances/foyers - black leather chair mirrored console ivory cream black nail head trim  Windsor Smith Home!  Love this black leather chair

I think I'll take the 'paneling' up to about 6' on the columns and then do a full wall behind the TV.  The columns will be painted white, but I might paint the full wall either the wall color in a higher sheen or a couple of shades darker...

living rooms - Brown white mirror applied molding zebra african stool urn grosgrain curtain Terri Pakravan  Designed by Terri Pakravan   Chocolate
I think the key, no matter what, is to paint the moulding the same color as the wall.  When it is accented in white like this, it just looks cheap {to me}.


ooooooooooooooh  la  la.

-jd

1 comment:

  1. In commercial buildings, all hardware and furniture are different than the houses. The hardware used in offices should be durable and strong enough to provide service without getting damaged easily. I prefer commercial sliding glass reception windows for the reception sites.

    ReplyDelete