Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Second Trimester Recap

Sitting here watching Idol, my heartburn in full force, it makes me think at almost 26 weeks...the blissful second trimester is almost over.  I know I haven't blogged much during this time because there's not too much to tell.  It's everything 'they' said it would be.  I've only barfed once, I'm full of energy, I sleep like a rock and overall I feel great! It's not quite as glamorous as Heidi Klum makes it look, but what can you really expect when there is a human being 'nesting' in your body.  I mean, I have never felt more unattractive in my life, but that is such a small price to pay compared to feeling your sweet baby girl moving INSIDE YOUR BELLY.  The entire process is truely a miracle. 

Now, keeping it real on this miracle:  A few random thoughts on my second trimester...

1. How can I have hair...like man beard hairs, coming out of {what seems like} every pore in my body?  I am dealing with hair removal in places that no woman should have to deal with.  I have to check 'down under' every once in a while to make sure I'm still a girl. 

2. I'm still waiting on my 'glowing skin'.  I've looked everywhere for it, but mine must be lost.  Instead I have an acne beard.  I mean, don't get me wrong, I have zits all over, but it is concentrated where my chin meets my neck.  I just recently noticed that I have back acne as well...but only on the left side of my back.  What up with that?

3. I can't wait to get a tan.  I need a tan. 

4. I can feel my heartbeat in my entire body at all times.  I know you have like 50% more blood in your body when you're preg, but it is insaine to be able to actually hear your blood pumping through your veins at times.  Speaking of veins...whoa.  Since I can't go to the tanning bed, my skin is translucent and you can see every vein in my body.  Not a good look.   

5. So far, hands down, the coolest part of being pregnant is feeling her move.  I heard all these horror stories about how random strangers will come up and touch your belly and how that would be so annoying.  I haven't gotten this.  Do I look mean? No one touches my belly :(  I'll be in the elevator and she'll start rocking and rolling and there have been times when I want to blurt out to whoever is riding with me "my baby is moving, do you want to feel her?".  If Drew is home and his hand is not on my belly, my feelings are hurt.  She doesn't spoil me either; she mainly moves at night and only for a few fleeting minutes.  I love it.  

5.  You know before you get pregnant and you visit Target and it seems like they have an endless supply of cute maternity clothes.  Well, that's not actually the case.  Maternity clothes are either ass ugly, ill fitting, outrageously expensive or a combonation of the three.  My maternity purchases have been slim {adding to my self-consiousness} because I refuse to spend money on clothes that I will only wear for a couple of months, that cost a fortune, and that fit all whack.  I challenge someone to make a cute affordable maternity jean that you can wear with heels {as in, they don't shrink in length after you wash them}, in a stylish non wal-mart wash that has a belly section that doesn't roll up or down constantly all day long.  Please!?

6. Pregnancy emotions are no joke. It's everything you've heard/read and more.  I can cry or laugh at the drop of a hat.  And no, it's not all sad crying.  I have laughed until I have tears streaming down my face and my sides hurt so bad that I am physically sore afterwards. 

7. When you get pregnant, there is this unsaid bond that forms with all of your friends who have children.  You now know.  I can't imagine how much stronger that bonds gets when you know about the birth.

8.  I know this is humorous, but it's really how I feel right now and I think I should document it.  Ok, so I have been living like a pauper in order to take 4 months off when baby girl is born.  I am looking forward to taking that time off almost as much as I am to meet my girl.  Now, I'm sure the birth is painful and I won't be getting any sleep at the beginning, but for whatever totally random and pshychotic reason, this hasn't phased me {yet}.  I mean, I have FOUR WHOLE MONTHS where all I have to do is take care of myself and the baby in the comfort of my own home.  Don't get me wrong, I lose sleep over the hell that will be my life when I go back to work, but the time home...I'm not concerned???  Isn't that twisted?  I am in this la-la land decorating this sweet nursery almost oblivious to the fact that there will be a human occupant to that nursery...soon....and that occupant will be arriving in this world through my va-jay-jay.  Even as I type it, I'm totally calm.  Anyways, I just wanted to put that out there, so I can laugh and cry later remembering how I feel right now on that subject.

9. Since getting pregnant, I have come to appreciate my family and friends so much.  I am a wee bit more sentimental and it really makes me take note of how awesome everyone in my life is and how lucky my baby girl is to come into this world and be surrounded with so much love.  The day of my 24 week melt down, my mom called to check on me.  She works two jobs and does way more for people than she should, especially me.  She was taking the next day off to relax, but when she heard my meltdown disaster she offered to come over and help me clean, organize, run errands, "whatever I need".  I can't even put into words how I feel about that...about her in general.  I wish I could take her "momness", bottle it up and take it daily so my baby girl feels about me, the way I feel about my mother. 

10.  The current name is Annie Rae.  I was kind of ho hum about the name at first, but Drew absolutely loves it...which has made me love it.  It's not to say that Annie Rae is written in stone, but as Drew told me "something special will need to come along if you want her name to be anything other than Annie".

I hope everyone is wrong about the dreaded third trimester.  Swolen ankles, sleepless nights, drained energy, and uncomfortableness...stay away.  I'm going to suck the life out of the next two weeks just in case, but I'm optimistic.  My third trimester will be different. 

ps.  Blogger's spellcheck is broken and I can't spell....so sorry. 

-jd

1 comment:

  1. Love #8! I dont think your crazy at all! I loved staying at home and taking care of my baby so much that I quit my job! HAHA! Its a busy job, but the best job EVER! I just know you will love those 4 months!

    And yes, the 3rd trimester is when it gets rough, but I will be praying for the opposite!

    It was so good seeing you today! And no matter how you feel, you do look amazing. And I totally would have touched your belly, but some people dont like that so I try to refrain. Next time I see you, be prepared! I love pregnant bellies!

    ReplyDelete