Monday, January 10, 2011

Party Time Favorites

So, since my last cooking extravaganza I kind of quit.  I mean, let's get serious...it's just not for me.  BUT, with that being said...I did want to share a couple of recipe's that I've used recently for parties that I've hosted and gone too.  All of them are simple and tasty.  Simple by my terms.  Rants and raves by all.

We're about to have a pack full of men at my house for a "football party"....whatever that means.  So, I whipped these up as well as some hotdogs and chips. 

CHEESE DIP

1 can of Rotel Tomatoes
The small block of Velvetta cheese
1 lb of Jimmy Dean Sausage

Brown the sausage in a pan.  Melt the cheese in the microwave.  Mix those with the tomatoes.  I put it in one of those teeny crock pots and serve with the dip style Tostitos.  YUM. 


APPLE DIP

8 oz Philly Cream Cheese (softened)
3/4 cup of light brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cushed peanuts

Combine ingredients and refrigerate for an hour.  I serve with sliced Granny Smith Apples juiced with a tiny bit of lemon. 

That's it!  Our first guest just got here, so I guess I have to go sit in front of the TV and let my eyes glaze over while football plays....

-jd

No comments:

Post a Comment