Saturday, June 26, 2010

W A L L P A P E R I S W O N D E R F U L

I was touring a possible new client's house today and when she opened the powder room door, I immediately thought it needs W A L L P A P E R.  It was a classic small powder room that would be the perfect place for an unexpected punch of character. I have been thinking about what nook and cranny I can paper in my own house and stumbled across a few great patterns at Sherwin Williams--who even knew they sold paper???

I think people shy away from wallpaper because of all of the bad dated patterns and borders out there, but in a place like a powder room it's a great way to add interest and pattern where there's no opportunity for fabric.


This is Tori Spelling's dining room.  See how the paper takes it from OK, to va va voom!  Knowing the style of the rest of Tori's house, I would have done something with the ceilings (painted them black or gold) and done those drapes in a smaller pattern instead of a solid (maybe a small stripe)? 


Can you believe this is a powder room?  Hello!


Can't commit to how permanent paper is on a wall.  Try it on the back of a bookcase. 


How cute is this powder room?  If you had enough patience, you could recreate this look pretty cheap with paint!  L O V E the eclectic feel of this room.  I wish I had enough time and energy to put this much thought into my bathroom spaces!


How do you guys feel about wallpaper?  Still scared? 
-jd

No comments:

Post a Comment