Sunday, June 13, 2010

G O I N G C O A S T A L

I just got back from a beautiful morning at the beach and am totally exhausted!  Passing by hundreds of gorgeous beach homes got me thinking about adding a few coastal elements to the Downs Decor.  I've definitely seen beach decor such as the wooden signs that read "beach this way" or fish net wound around a jimmy buffet style plaque, but that's not quite what I'm talking about.  A few of my favorite coastal accents are coral, sea fans, driftwood, woven materials, and of course, shells :)

I am O B S E S S E D
with this mirror framed in startfish.  Another project added to my list.  This is so textural it would go with almost any decor!  Wonder how much I could score a thousand starfish for....


Coral is HOT right now and I think this puppy from Jamali Garden would add just the right pop of color to my living room. 


A little coral goes a long way with these red sconces and white piece on the coffee table. 



I found these framed sea fans at Tuvalu Home but how easy would these be to DIY?  You can pick up sea fans pretty cheap online and they come in a variety of colors including red, blue, gray, white, and black.  The beadbord in this pic also adds to that coastal feel.  Beadboard is a super easy cheap project that can add alot of bang for the buck to your architecture.




-jd

1 comment:

  1. Pretty! I am actually doing the baby girl's room in an understated, not-in-your-face beach theme and am on the hunt for a pretty piece of coral for her room! I think a touch of beach in any home is so classy if done right. I have seen those coral sconces before and they are GORGEOUS! So fresh and crisp!

    ReplyDelete