Just some simple randomness I've thought of since being on Maternity Leave (day #2)...
1. Grocery shopping while everyone else is at work totally changes the experience. It was actually enjoyable.
2. My house is the cleanest it has ever been and it's amazing.
3. When I don't 'have' to get up for work, I only sleep about 15 minutes later than I would waking up to an alarm.
4. It's weird being able to do stuff when you want and not having to schedule 9,000 things in "after 5" or "on the weekends" or "during lunch".
5. To all of you people who have kids and see a pregnant woman, it's not necessary to tell her to "get her rest now" or "how hard it will be to leave the house soon" or "how her life is about to change". Trust me, she hears enough negative random comments. Try saying something positive or just a simple "congratulations". If I'm not on my death bed from exhaustion, going endless days without showering and not ever leaving the house, I must say, I'll be a little disappointed because that is definitely the consensus with a newborn!
6. There's nothing sweeter to me right now than sitting in the house, in silence, listening to my dog sleeping (snoring). I can't imagine what it will feel like when it's the baby that Drew and I made that I'm listening to.
7. It's a lot easier to be healthy when I'm at home and reps aren't bringing in sweets and I don't get that 10am, 2pm, 3pm, and 4pm urge to snack from boredom at work.
That's all. Hopefully pics of the temporary rug to come soon....or pics of the baby. Either way, stay tuned ;)
- ▼ May (8)