Saturday, September 4, 2010

gray is grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat

Last weekend was very productive and exhausting...in a good way!  One of my best girlfriend's husband, Adam Kovacs, the Renaissance Man that made my shutters and picnic table, helped me paint the rest of the main portion of the house. 

T H A N K   Y O U

I like the color so much, he came back last week to do our master bedroom! 


Now, that this room is getting more settled, I'm set of a yellow color for that buffet.  I know.  I want to get some burlap to run over the center of the table and a few cute plates and deck the table setting out.  Of course I am on constant lookout for a new chandelier, but for now...builder standard stays.  If I find two matching lamps, I'll sling them on the buffet and not have an overhead light at all...whichever one I find first.  I still haven't found a rug to suite my fancy, so bare floors it is.  Not sure what to do on that rear wall either...any ideas?  I've thought about a faux fireplace mantel, floor to ceiling family photos, but who knows???



Some temporary accessories look okay until I find just the perfect junk!


Any ideas on what to do with the other walls???


New chandelier!  I need some little shades, but I like it so much better!



The babies are tired after all their helping.  riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.  Mom gave me that floor lamp and you know if it's free, it's for me :)


Still a mess


Already on to my next project....have to finish the TV console...I'm going for a 'Restoration Hardware' look.  Final pics to come soon.


Kitchen



Here's a sneak peak of the bedroom which is painted, but a total wreck.  I did want to show you this little gem {the red chair} I picked up on the side of the road today.  Yep, FREE. 

So, I have been super busy trying to finish a few of the zillion projects I've started round here. I got a little overwhelmed this week trying to get everything done yesterday, but I have no decided that I could continue to work on our house for a lifetime...so what's the rush?

Happy Labor Day Weekend!!
-jd

No comments:

Post a Comment