Saturday, March 19, 2011

30 weeks

I will be entering m 31st week tomorrow and I thought before week 30 is up, I need to blog about what a wonderful week it has been.  I think this has by far been one of my favorite times in pregnancy.  The time changed so the bright sun stays out longer which is allowing me to take pretty good walks after work.  I used to walk at a fast past with my ipod blaring thinking of the million things I need to do once my butt hits the car seat.  Now, I walk with no music and enjoy the peace and silence of the trail at a much slower pace {but still as fast as I can comfortably walk, haha}.  I think I realized this week that slowing down can be good.  I've always had "issues" relaxing, but this week I think I did a pretty good job.  I am consciously savoring my nightly bathtime that has been a routine since I was a little girl {I take a bath every night...in bubbles....for a long time} juuuust in case I have to introduce showers into my routine once little miss A.Rae gets here.  The house is getting organized and that makes my nesting instincts simmer down a bit.  We had a garage sale today and only made $150, but I am now rid of most of the stuff that we haven't used in the past year.  Hopefully I can start organizing what remains. 

My belly is growing what seems to be daily and miss thang is getting stronger and stronger with her movements.  I am finally at a point where I'm not obsessing over every pound I gain and I am starting to appreciate the beauty of being pregnant and the miracle and insanity of having a human being that Drew and I created growing healthy inside of me.  I've always thought pregnant women were beautiful, but then when it happened to me I was kind of like "maybe not so much". lol.

Daydreaming about what life will be like on maternity leave pretty much consumes me.  I fantasize about playing with Annie, taking her on walks, getting to know the new member of our family and hopefully working hard on getting on a routine so my life is not total hell when I go back to the cubby. 

Well, I'm anxious to see how things will progress on the home stretch and I'll keep you all posted!

-jd

No comments:

Post a Comment