Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Nursery Progress

I have been totally MIA recently, but I promise I have been busy and have a ton to blog about.  I'm totally redesigning most of my house in my head and it should make for some pretty interesting posts   : /

I'm 2 days into week 36 and besides baby girl resting on my sciatica nerve which is almost unbearable...I'm doing great!  Last Monday I started having a little back pain and by Friday I was crawling around the house.  No lie.  C R A W L I N G.  Other than that itty bitty thang, I still feel pretty good   :) 

Baby,
You will be full term this Sunday...I'm just sayin'  ;)

You're loving mommy

I'm still plugging away on the nursery design which has proved to be the hardest room in my house.  It's tiny, only has one tiny window, brown carpet, and has to be hands down the cutest room in the house for the cutest occupant of the house.  Here's where I am:   


Here's the view from the door.  Daddy...in his panties.  BAHAHAHAHHAHAAHA.  Just kidding.  I still haven't decided what to cover that chair in.  If I was brave, it would be a pattern....but you know how I roll.  I'm sure it will be some sort of neutral, probably gray.  I think the elephant table will be receiving a fresh coat of white paint to match the armoire.  Note: I still have to repaint the frame of that chair to be the soft white of the armoire and not the primer white it is currently.  I need a new lamp or a new lampshade, but I'm digging a floor lamp in that location.  I'm keeping my eye out for a {cheap} replacement. 


I don't think I've blogged since we {and by "we", I mean "Drew" repainted the nursery .00001 shades lighter than it was before.  SO much better, right?  I scored that armoire off of craigslist for $75 and painted her up right.  It might be my favorite find to date. 


This is the crib that we got off of craigslist for $150!  A custom bedskirt and window treatment are coming soon....as soon as I make a decision on the fabric.  OH!  ps.  The reason we were hanging in the nursery tonight is beacuase we {again, just Drew} rearranged the furniture in the nursery in every possible configuration before returning it to exactly how it was when we started.  Reason #1,456,987 why I love my husband.  I have three vintage botanical prints that will go over the crib.


Closet doors.  I'm just going 'round the room so you can get a feel for the {tiny} space :) 


Remember this?  It was some sort of buffet piece and I picked it up at Salvation Army for $25.  Well, it's a hot mess.  I can't stand how junky it looks and am currently looking for a wee dresser to put in it's place.  I know...

Also hunting for vintage corbels to make into a shelf to go above the future dresser.  That piece will be repurposed somewhere else in the house; don't you worry!

Now back to the window treatments and bedskirt.


This color looks kind of whack in this pic, but this is really closer to the wall color...


I picked up a boat load of this antique lace at a thrift store that I'll put at the bottom of the window treatment which will look a little like:



This is Drew's attempt at humor.  Not funny.  He got one of my double chin zoomed in like 45x too while I was thinking....thinking of what?


This teeny tiny fuscia silk I have carried around in my purse for months.  Hmmmmmmmmmmm.  It would look super uuber cute with the lace, BUT....you know how I do with color!

Maybe it would be better than the neutral silk and spice it up a bit?  Or maybe I would hate it or get tired of it in 2 months...who knows?


Whatya think?  I know everyone will probably say the pink, but I'm just SO SKEERED.


The neutral option is on the right {that's how much the colors change in certain light...the top and bottom are the same fabric}, the pink on the top, and the lace.  The lace and whatever fabric I go with for the window treatment will be incorporated into the bedskirt as well.  Probably with a neutral sheet.



Also toying with covering the back of the armoire in that black and cream dot paper.  I've started to accessorize the inside, but still have a long way to go.

That's that.  My goal this week is to get set on the fabrics.  That will be quite a feat if it gets accomplished!

-jd





2 comments:

  1. I am not a designer so no ideas on the fabric choices, but oh MY please cover the back of the armoire in the wallpaper. Adorable!

    I have to say I have seriously envy of your thrift finds! I think I need to move to FL.

    Can't wait to see the finished room and baby! ;)

    Hope the sciatica pain eases up, that is the.worst.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lookin' good! {the nursery, of course, but even better YOU look great!} :)

    I love her room so far...I'm thinking I am just a little TOO into color after seeing how neutral her room is. Maybe I need to lay off a little! haha....No, really it looks great. I think the pink would jazz it up, but like you said if you think you may get tired of it, go with the neutral and bring in that color elsewhere.

    I like the dot paper inside the armoire. Gives it nice interest and unexpected.

    Sorry to pee in your cornflakes, but I'm going to bet you will go full-term with baby Annie. The reason I'm saying this is because you still have elements of her room you need to finish. Here is where my theory comes from: We finished Shelby's room exactly one week before she was born...and she was born 5 weeks early. It was like she was waiting until we finished, and after that, all bets were off. So get crackin'!

    But seriously, it all looks great and I'm loving the vintage flair. She will be a diva for sure :)

    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete